El Salvador Yoga Retreat
February 28 - March 4, 2016
La Tortuga Verde @ El Cuco, El Salvador
For six days, escape the winter blues and the post holiday stress by reconnecting with yourself on the beach, at La Tortuga Verde of El Cuco, El Salvador, where the sounds of the ocean waves and birds disturb the peace. This retreat is for anyone who wishes to get away from the hustle and bustle of his or her normal routine at home. You’ll have the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice through a combination of workshop pose intensives, fitness routines, and restorative intentions. In El Salvador, time will be your friend, not your enemy.
You’ll have the opportunity to see Nicaragua in the distance, with your own eyes, as the sun creates beautiful colors in the sky while it rises and sets. You'll feel the sand between your toes and the purifying salt water of the ocean on your skin. You'll watch the leaves of the palm trees dance as the ocean breeze blows. This retreat will encourage the occasional outburst of laughter from new and old friends made. Relax, renew, and recharge.
Participants will be staying in a 4 bedroom private 1940’s style art deco house, on the east side of La Tortuga Verde. All rooms within the house will be double shared (individual beds) for the purpose of fostering community and connection. There is a private pool, screened patio, hammocks galore, and private access to the beach. Participants also have access to all amenities the eco-resort has to offer. Those amenities include the on-site pool, outdoor restaurant, vegetarian restaurant (Cosmic Cocina), surfboards, more hammocks, and spa treatments. The combination of privacy and community allows the yogis to tailor their experience to their needs.
1 Bedroom: In the room is 1queen bed, wall A/C, and private bathroom. Ideal for the solo traveler, couples, or close friends.
Value: $1450 for the solo traveler OR $975 per person if shared (semi-private). - (THIS OPTION HAS SOLD OUT!)
3 other bedrooms: In each bedroom are 2 beds, a wall A/C, pedestal fan, and a wood chaise. Shared bathroom.
Value: $1150 per person.
$250 deposit to secure your space. The deposit is non-refundable.
The single room is no longer available, however, arrangements can still be made for the traveler that prefers to have his/her own space.
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- 6am - watch the sun rise (optional)
- 7:15am to 7:45am - light breakfast
- 8am to 9:30am - 90 minute yoga class
- 9:45am to 2:30pm - free time
- 2:30pm to 4pm - workshop
- 4pm to 5pm - 60 minute slow flow/gentle yoga class
- 6pm - watch the sun set (optional)
- 6:15pm - Dinner and free time
- 6 days/5 nights at Casa de Sueños of La Tortuga Verde.
- Meals: Locally sourced organic meals (breakfast, lunch/brunch, dinner, and non-alcoholic beverages) with an El Salvadorian twist!
- Transportation: Transport to and from La Tortuga Verde (approx. 2.5 hours each way)
- Activities: Twice daily yoga classes, daily workshops, complimentary massage, day trip to the waterfall.
What’s Not Included:
- Entry Fees Visa: Cost is $10 USD, available at the San Salvador airport. Get your visa first, then pick up luggage at the baggage claim.
- Travel Insurance (recommended, however is not mandatory)
- Additional massages, facials, or other spa treatments
- Surfboard/ Paddleboard rentals and lessons
- Private yoga sessions are available at an additional cost.
Last But Not Least:
Deposit is non-refundable.
Cancellations made before December 31, 2015 receive a 50% refund (excluding the deposit). No refunds for cancellations after January 16, 2016.
Balance of the retreat is due 7 weeks (January 16, 2016) prior to the start date of the retreat. Please contact Chi to discuss additional payment plans and options to ensure your spot at the retreat.